Saturday, October 18, 2008

Slow Saturday

We are doing a whole lot of nothing today, which is a nice change from our usually very busy Saturdays. We had a very unexpected visitor this morning...

Now, for most people a frog is probably not all that exciting. But I have literally not seen a frog in Phoenix since I was about eight years old on my grandparents farm. No idea where he came from, but we had Rick fish him out and set him free (Bella's wish to keep him as a pet was flatly ignored). He was here long enough for her to name him Hoppy (original, I know LOL).

It remains a challenge to keep Bella entertained while she's stuck in her boot, but this afternoon dress up seems to be keeping her somewhat amused. She's been a rock star, a geisha, and now a witch. I honestly don't even recall buying a witches costume, but I think it was probably a post Halloween item...



I must say the green (Jalepeno Pepper by Benjamin Moore) we painted our living room works quite well with Halloween decor and I think will be pretty fun with Christmas as well (and no, I did not pick the color just for holiday decorating, and I think Rick actually picked it). I have to give him decorating props on the color, because a few months after he picked it, it showed up as one of Pottery Barn's new colors. Who knew he had such a design vision? :)

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Bella is so adorable!!

I cannot stand frogs. We have tons of frogs out here. Not hoping around in the heat of day but around monsoon time. We had 2 in our pool this year. Blech.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't put it past you to choose the green just for holiday decor. LOL.

Rick chose the wall color well. Some of you must be rubbing off on him, after all these years. =]

Wow that's a big toad! How cool. Our neighbor had one of those last year I think. Rick had to help get it out of her back yard. LOL.

Have a great day CJ.