Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Boot free trick or treating...

Bella was able to come out of her boot yesterday. I'm happy, but at the same time so very nervous. Now she has this fragile little ankle with just a tiny brace on it, and is doing who knows what at school. I guess that's a mom's job, to worry. :) She was SOOO happy this morning to hop on a swing when she got to school - I think swinging is her favorite thing on the playground, and not being able to do it has probably been her biggest complaint with the broken ankle. So she was one happy kid this morning.

She's not discharged from her doctor yet, we go back in two more weeks for a final xray, and if that looks good that she can return to gymnastics and dance completely (something I know she's itching to do). I know we'll have to do follow up xrays every few months for the next few years to monitor the growth plate, but hopefully everything will be just fine.

We had quite a bit of Halloween fun around here this past weekend - we hosted a Halloween party for her friends from her dance group and on Sunday we took part in the Trunk or Treat hosted by her former preschool. I think she enjoys the trunk or treat more then the real trick or treating, and I think I do as well. It just has more of a small town community feeling. I think it's always a highlight for all of us.

A few pictures of the weekend fun... Her good buddy Kevin had this adorable shark costume from Pottery Barn. Having just caught an old episode of Saturday Night Live, I could not get the whole Land Shark skit out of my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Land Shark, I remember that! Love it. Yeah, he totally looks like that, especially in the last pic. LOL. Too funny.

Happy Thursday Christi.