Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back to work!

We just got home from a great week over in Carlsbad, CA. It was a blast, though I have to say it was quite a shock to go in the summer (we've always gone in September) - I could not believe how crowded it was. 9am on a Tuesday and you were hard pressed to find a spot on the beach. I'm the type that goes to great lengths to avoid crowds, but with Bella starting kindergarten next month, we didn't think it would be very wise to yank her out for a trip in September. But it was a great time regardless, and it was so nice to escape the oppresive Arizona heat for a few days. Now it's time to unpack the bags, do load after load of laundry, hit the grocery store, and all that other post-vacation not so fun stuff. Back to the real world! A few pics...
Ice cream for dinner, always a hit...

Lots of fun in the pool...


Beach Babe...



Every year she has to pick a few hibiscus flowers...


Face painting at Legoland...


Sand anyone?

Speaking of kindergarten - it's offical - it's starting, in two weeks, no denying it! Our "I'm On My Way To Kindergarten" packet arrived while we were away. I am still in denial that my little girl is old enough to attend kindergarten. It seems like such a monumental milestone, the end of the baby, toddler and preschool days. I'm sure she'll do fine, me on the other hand, that I'm not so sure of.

This week we'll pick up all the supplies on the supply list the school sent, attend a school tour, go for our meet the teacher/assess your child's skills meeting, and try to hunt down a princess "tote" bag (we were specifically told to get tote bags and not backpacks, so much for the cute Tinkerbell one she picked out while we were on vacation). This might work, but I'm thinking she's best off with something that closes at the top. Maybe we could velcro it shut? I'm sure we can come up with something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Looks like Bella had a blast.