Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Big Day

Tomorrow's the big day. I can not believe my little baby is starting kindergarten. I asked her this morning if she'd just stay home with me for one more year and she said "no mom, but I'll be home in the afternoon silly!". She's ready and she's excited. Our open house went well, she met a few new friends, enjoyed playing in her classroom, and is good to go. Me not so much, but I don't think anything is going to change that. It's a big step in life, a rite of passage and a new independence for her, and it's just so hard to believe that the day is upon us. I know she'll do fine. I don't think there will ever be a day where she goes to school and I won't worry, but I think that's part of the world we live in, and just being a mom.

But the day is here. I can't delay it, move it or put it off. I can't stop her from growing up. She's picked out her outfit, her school supplies are ready, her favorite muffins are baked and ready for her to have for breakfast, and I will do my best not to make a last minute u-turn one street before we get to the school. I know she's going to have a blast, make new friends and have great experiences. I just wish 5 1/2 years ago (to the day) that I would have known how soon this day would have come. Then again, I never would have believed it. Tomorrow I stay with her all day (which is a half day) and Tuesday she's on her own in that big new world.

So here we go, a new door opens, a deep breath, a new journey begins...

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Thinking of you all tomorrow. Blessings on this new journey.

Anonymous said...

Yes, she will be fine tomorrow! Mom...not so much. But that is fine too. Natural. Like you said, she is ready.

It's good she is excited about everything. It's a testiment to you and her daddy that she IS so excited and well adjusted about the whole school thing. Good job, mom and dad!

Enjoy your day at school tomorrow, CJ. I'll talk atcha you soon.