Thursday, August 7, 2008

School Stuff

Bella's new lunchbox and tote bag for school arrived yesterday and they are ADORABLE. They are from Kids Travel Zone, and are great quality. Three years ago we ordered her a lunchbox from them, and I've been thrilled with how it's held up. We could still use it, but I thought a new lunchbox for kindergarten would be nice. Bella picked out the images that are on them, as well as the colors. So cute! It's pretty obvious that she picked these out right after vacationing at the beach - mermaids and hibiscus flowers. :)

Today we visit her classroom for an open house. Hoping she meets some new friends, which would certainly make the first day of school much easier.

So the repair to our AC only bought us about 10 hours of cold and then the AC was no longer blowing cool air. :( We called the repair company back out, and luckily they quickly found where the leak was, and repaired it, and credited us for the first visit. I think we are good to go now, but ouch - the AC and washing machine all in one week is just painful. My iphone is also out for repair, but luckily it's under warranty so I'm just annoyed, not out of money. I have such a love hate relationship with that phone. I love all that it can do, but the crashing, freezing, and s-l-o-w response times have just gotten to be too much. Anxious to see if what gets sent back to me is any better. Fingers crossed. I need my appliance/electronic luck to change, pronto!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the open house went well today!

Geez if the repairman was out there for 10 hrs, how the heck did he manage to *not* fix the A/C?! Yikes. I hope it stays fixed.

I'm sending positive vibes your way, so that nothing more goes wrong around you!

Unknown said...

LOL, I think I worded that badly - the fixing itself only took an hour the first time, but their "fix" only worked for 10 hours, then it was hot and humid city again in our house. :) I'm just so happy it's FIXED (knock on wood) now!

Sandi said...

I am so glad the A/C is fixed.

Bella looks super cute and I bet she is brimming with excitement for her first day of school.