Tuesday, August 5, 2008

When it rains, it pour$

Goodness, as if we didn't have enough excitement having the washing machine break the other day, today it was the AIR CONDITIONER! Bella and I came home from running errands, and when we walked in the door, instead of the cool feeling of relief, it was more of a "um, what's wrong here???" feeling. Air was blowing. Room temperature air. Not good.

We had a tech come out, and we were low on freon, so it's been refilled. The problem is, we don't know what was leaking. To find out what was/is leaking is $350. Just to FIND the leak. Not fix the leak, just find. The tech suggested we just wait and see, that it may be a super slow leak and this could hold us over for 1-2 years, or in a few days we'll be paying that $350 to find what's leaking and goodness knows how much to fix it. B-U-M-M-E-R. But when it's 103 degrees at 9pm, there's no going without AC. :(

We picked up all of the items on Bella's classroom supply list. I was surprised at how much stuff we needed to donate to the classroom. 25 glue sticks. That one just cracks me up. Every kid bring in 25 glue sticks - will they be using glue hourly?

I have to say I'm feeling really sad about kindergarten. More so then I expected (and I anticipated emotional upheaval). To me it just marks such a big change in her life. Yesterday when we got up, I thought wow, this is the last Monday (aside from vacations) that she'll get up and not be committed to being somewhere. For the next sixty some years. It's like the start of having a "job" in life.

While it's been a huge challenge to balance being an at home mom, and running a business, it's what I'm used to. It's what I know. It's chaotic and crazy and a lot of times I'm stressed, but as I discovered when she was at her summer program, 9-3 is a long day of quiet. Granted it'll be great to get all my work done during the day, reduce the production times on my orders, and have nights and weekends free, I'm going to miss her like crazy. CRAZY. I know she's ready though. She's excited, and she needs more challenges and stimulation each day then I can provide. So now I just have to try not to cry the first day. Well, at least not until I'm off the property... hey, I'm a realist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm not so sure you'll make it off the property without the tears flowing! LOL. It'll be fine, Bella is growing up so well, thanks to you!